Experience Japan’s perfect harmony of ancient tradition and modern way of life on a 12-day Premium adventure through the cultural heart of the country. Tokyo’s soaring skyscrapers give way to Hakone’s mountainous hot springs, while Takayama delights with its Edo-era beauty and Shirakawa-go immerses you in charming countryside life. Discover the intriguing cultural diversity of Kyoto and a passion for peace in Hiroshima. Travel with a local leader who will share the rich variety of their country as you visit temples, castles, shrines and holy mountains while mixing with locals and experiencing the real Japan.
- Tokyo – Welcome dinner
- Complimentary airport arrival shared shuttle bus
- Tokyo – Sensoji Temple
- Tokyo – Shibuya walking tour
- Tokyo – Meiji Jingu Shrine
- Tokyo – Sumida River Cruise
- Tokyo – Yoyogi Park
- Tokyo – Hama Rikyu Garden
- Tokyo – Tsukiji Outer Market
- Tokyo – Tsukiji market cooking class
- Hakone – Cable car/Ropeway
- Hakone – Lake Ashinoko boat cruise
- Takayama – Leader-led walking tour (with street food sampling)
- Takayama – Showa Museum
- Takayama – Shirakawago Village
- Takayama – Morning Market visit
- Hiroshima – Okonomiyaki dinner
- Hiroshima – Leader-led orientation walk
- Hiroshima – Miyajima Island day trip
- Miyajima – Itsukushima-jinja Shrine
- Hiroshima – Peace Park & A – Bomb Dome
- Hiroshima – Peace Museum
- Himeji – Himeji Castle
- Kyoto – Gion District walk
- Kyoto – Kinkaku-ji (Golden Pavilion)
- Kyoto – Daitokuji Temple
- Kyoto – Zen Buddhism meditation session
- Kyoto – Fushimi Inari-Taisha
- Kyoto – Gekkei-kan Sake Brewery & tasting
- Kyoto – Final dinner
- Marvel at the city lights of Tokyo during a guided tour, visit the sobering Hiroshima Peace Park and trace the steps of the Geisha around the alleyways of Kyoto.
- Soak up Japan’s natural beauty in mountainous Hakone and catch a glimpse of Mt Fuji, stroll around the stunning island of Miyajima and be amazed by the Japanese alps in the ancient village of Shirakawa-go.
- There’s no better way to get around Japan than the country’s famous railway system. Be impressed by the efficiency and ultra-modernity as you zip from place to place with your included 7-day Japan Rail Pass.
- Get to know Japan’s world-renowned cuisine during a seafood cooking class, tours of vibrant local markets, a sake tasting session and a number of dinners at fantastic local restaurants.
- Unwind among the beauty of nature at your feature stay accommodation, featuring mountain views, a traditional ryokan design, modern comforts and an outdoor onsen (thermal pool) overlooking the surrounding greenery.